You see, I am flying solo this week. Neil is out of town on business, and Harper and I are kicking it just the two of us.
Yup. I
However, I am set-up for success. My husband is a rockstar. He gifted me with two nights in a row of baby duty while I took a (pregnancy-approved) sleeping pill, donned earplugs, and checked out early wile he dealt with an unhappy-while-teething-molars baby. And he stocked the kitchen, finished up the laundry, reorganized the kitchen to make dishes easier for me to reach, straightened the surfaces of piles, and on and on to help me be successful.
God, I love this man.
I also have the luxury I have mentioned before: Everywhere in Shanghai delivers. I mean EVERYWHERE. Grocery stores. McDonald's. The corner store. If I didn't want to leave the apartment, I would not have to do so.
But, of course, I will. Stir crazy happens easily. We have a few play dates planned and will frequent the playgrounds to let Harper run out some ya-yas.
I have already survived day one. I am tired, but not exhausted. I am hungry but putting down the computer in a moment to grab some food. And so far, little miss is sleeping pretty well. Also, the apartment is not collateral damage.
I'd call it a success.



No comments:
Post a Comment